In this post you’ll find out:
- What Is Keywords Everywhere?
- How Does Keywords Everywhere Work?
- Features of Keywords Everywhere
- Free vs. Paid Options
- Is It Safe?
- How To Install Keywords Everywhere
- Using Keywords Everywhere On Other Sites
- Why Keyword Research Matters
Keyword research tools are a vital part of any seo professional’s toolbox for optimising websites, allowing you to track the popularity and difficulty of your target keywords whilst also finding new opportunities.
But keyword research software doesn’t come cheap, with many dedicated keyword research tools charging hundreds of pounds per month and others being lumped in with SEO software packages that may leave you paying for more features than you need.
On the other hand, Google’s official tool (Google Keyword Planner) is free but doesn’t always show you the bigger picture and lacks the intuitive interface expected of online SEO tools.
Fortunately, more and more keyword research tools have started to become available, with tools such as Soovle, Answer the Public, Ubersuggest, and Keywords Everywhere offering some level of keyword data for free.
In this article, we take a deep dive into Keywords Everywhere.
We’ll be looking at how it works, the key features of the free and paid plans, whether or not the data is reliable, and how you can start leveraging Keywords Everywhere to get valuable data on your target keywords.
What Is Keywords Everywhere?
Keywords Everywhere is a browser extension that is currently available on both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
The primary function of Keywords Everywhere is as a keyword research tool, providing data such as search volumes, cost per click (CPC), competitiveness, and popularity over time for keywords.
Unlike other keyword research tools, Keywords Everywhere works directly from your browser and is compatible with several different websites beyond Google such as Bing, Amazon, and eBay.
The extension has a free version that is available to all and a low cost, credit based premium version that adds significant functionality to the tool.
How Does Keywords Everywhere Work?
One of the key appeals of Keywords Everywhere is that it is extremely intuitive in its use. Unlike other keyword research tools that require you to input your keywords manually, Keywords Everywhere provides the data as soon as you submit a query.
From the panel that appears in the right hand side of the browser when a keyword is inputted, users can find a plethora of useful information about the keyword and start to explore related keywords, all without leaving the tab they are on!
If you already have a list of keywords that you need to analyse, Keywords Everywhere allows you to import a list of keywords and get data for them including search volumes, CPC, and competitiveness.
As well as Google, Keywords Everywhere can display search data for users on other platforms including YouTube, Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Google Keyword Planner, and more; giving you all the data in one place without having to switch between multiple tools.
But how does it get access to all this valuable data? Well, Google releases their data publicly, therefore it can be scraped and stored by Keywords Everywhere to display to users when the keyword is searched.
When searching on a site that does not release its search volume data (like Amazon), Keywords Everywhere provides an estimate using Google search volume data. This does mean that the data displayed for these platforms is not 100% accurate.
Features of Keywords Everywhere
Keywords Everywhere has an impressive (and ever growing) feature list that makes it an essential for any SEO toolkit. The key features of Keywords Everywhere are:
- Keyword Data – Displays accurate search volumes, CPC, competition, and 12-month volume trends for the keywords you search.
- Related Keywords – Shows you related keywords on Google & Bing and ‘People Also Search For’ keywords on Google to help you uncover new opportunities.
- Trends – Shows historical trend data for your keywords on both Google and YouTube.
- YouTube – Shows you YouTube insights, search metrics, and YouTube tags.
- Competitor Analysis – Shows monthly estimates for traffic and the top 500 keywords that any URL ranks for. Also helps identify new opportunities with keyword gap analysis.
- SEO Difficulty Metrics – One of the extension’s newest features. Shows the SEO difficulty, brand query status, off-page difficultly, and on-page difficulty of the keyword.
- Google Ads – As well as the CPC, Keywords Everywhere can estimate the number of advertisers that are competing for a specific keyword.
- No Contracts – As well as having a fairly powerful free version, the premium version of Keywords Everywhere is low cost and credit based; making it accessible for smaller businesses and individuals who may have been priced out of premium SEO tools in the past.
- Integration – Keywords everywhere works with all your favourite keyword research tools (Keyword Sh*tter, Soovle & Answer The Public), provides link metrics through Moz, and can show volume data in multiple Google properties.
- Import Keywords – The import functionality allows you to upload a ready made list of keywords and receive valuable data on their volumes, CPC and competitiveness.
- Website Support – Currently works with several different websites including Google, YouTube, Bing, and eCommerce websites such as Amazon and Etsy.
- Extension – As a Chrome extension / Firefox addon, Keywords Everywhere is available wherever you are logged into your browser and won’t use up valuable hard drive space.
Free vs. Paid Options
The free version of Keywords Everywhere offers an impressive suite of features, but those looking to do more thorough research will find benefit in the paid version.
As you can see, whilst the non-paid version is powerful for a free tool, the paid version offers a range of additional features that will make life a lot easier when carrying out thorough keyword or competitor research.
Fortunately, the premium version of the extension works on a credit system whereby 1 credit gives you access to the data of 1 keyword. This model means that you only pay for what you need and you aren’t getting locked into any kind of subscription.
At the time of writing, the lowest package offered costs $10 and gives you 100,000 credits, meaning you are paying just $0.0001 each time you use the tool to analyze a keyword. For agencies and other large scale users, there are larger packages that offer an even lower cost per search.
Users should be aware that 1 search does not always necessarily equate to 1 credit. As standard, 1 credit offers the volume, CPC, and competition data for the keyword, but any additional data such as ‘People Also Search For’ and related keywords cost an additional credit per keyword shown.
To preserve credits, users can choose to switch off certain features and when the extension is not needed, it can be switched off so credits aren’t used whilst browsing.
Is It Safe?
Yes, Keywords Everywhere has shown itself to be a safe tool that respects the privacy of its user base. Their own website states that “your keyword data is never saved or used for any purposes, other than to show you the keyword metrics”.
On the Google Chrome web store, the extension has an average rating of 4.6 / 5 stars based on over 5,000 reviews and has over 1,000,000 users!
When looking at the Mozilla Firefox add on store, Keywords Everywhere has an average rating of 4.5 / 5 stars based on over 350 reviews and has over 25,000 users.
Furthermore, Keywords Everywhere is regularly reviewed and has been recommended by industry experts including Neil Patel.
How To Install Keywords Everywhere
Keywords Everywhere is currently available on both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
To install the extension on Google Chrome, head to the Chrome web store and search for ‘Keywords Everywhere – Keyword Tool’
Once installed, you can go ahead and make a search and Google and you will see that the Keywords Everywhere data is provided on the right hand side of the screen.
To install the add on for Mozilla Firefox, search for ‘Keywords Everywhere’ in the Firefox Browser Add Ons store.
Once you have installed the add on, it will be available to use straight away and data for your searches will be available on the right hand side of the screen.
Using Keywords Everywhere On Other Sites
After you have installed Keywords Everywhere to your browser, it can immediately be used within Google search results pages, but there are a few additional steps that must be followed to get access to data within other websites such as Amazon.
First, you will need to create an account in order to get a unique API key from the Keywords Everywhere website to access any of the premium features. Once the API key has been set up, you will be able to purchase credits which will allow you to use Keywords Everywhere on other websites.
The keyword data appears in different places for each site due to the naturally differing layouts, here is where your keyword data will appear:
- Google Search Console – New columns for monthly volume, CPC, and competition are added automatically by Keywords Everywhere to the ‘Search Analytics’ section of Google Search Console.
- Google Analytics – New columns for monthly volume, CPC, and competition are added by Keywords Everywhere to the ‘Queries report in Google Analytics.
- Google Trends – Monthly volume, CPC, and competition are shown beneath the searches in the ‘Related Queries’ widget of Google Trends.
- Google Keyword Planner – Keywords Everywhere adds a new column showing accurate keyword volumes within Google Keyword Planner.
- Bing – Monthly volume, CPC, and competition are displayed directly under the search bar after making a query within Bing search engine.
- YouTube – When searching on YouTube, volume, CPC, and competition are displayed underneath the search bar. Search insights and trend data are shown in the right hand side of the YouTube interface and finally, tag widgets are shown to the right of any video you watch.
- Amazon – Monthly volume, CPC, and competition are displayed underneath the search bar after searching for a product within Amazon.
- Etsy – Similar to Amazon, all the keyword data is shown directly under the search bar after making a query within Etsy.
- eBay – The final eCommerce platform, eBay, also shows monthly volume, CPC, and competition underneath the search bar.
- Answer the Public – Volume data for keywords in Answer the Public shows in two places. The first is the keyword wheel where you will need to hover over each keyword to see the data. The second is the individual keyword panels, where the data will show to the right of every keyword.
- Soovle – When researching keywords in Soovle, Keywords Everywhere adds volume data and CPC to the right of each phrase.
- Keyword Sh*tter – When using keyword Shtter for keyword research, Keywords Everywhere will add the volume and CPC to the results.
- Majestic – Keywords Everywhere adds two new columns to Majestic which show the monthly volume and CPC.
- Moz – Like Majestic, Keywords Everywhere adds two new columns to the Moz Open Site Explorer that show monthly volume and CPC.
Why Keyword Research Matters
Keyword research is one of the longest standing and most important SEO strategies used by website owners and marketing professionals to achieve greater success online.
If you have a presence online, here is why it is critical that you understand and regularly practice keyword research:
- Volumes – Understanding current search volumes and how they are changing over time is fundamental to ensuring you are targeting the right keywords.
- Competition – Keyword research gives you an insight into how difficult the keyword will be to rank for, which competitors are performing best for the term, and what other phrases your competitors are optimising their content for.
- PPC vs SEO – By understanding volumes and competitiveness coupled with average CPC, you can determine whether the best strategy for your website will be pay per click (PPC) or SEO.
- Understand User Intent – Keyword research gives you an understanding of what your users are actually searching for, rather than what you think they are. This can offer richer insights into user intent and what they expect from your content.
- Discover New Keywords – Keyword research is an excellent way to discover new related phrases to your focus keyword that you may not have considered optimising for.
- Uncover New Opportunities – Similarly, keyword research allows you to uncover new opportunities, such as keywords that have low search volumes and competition but high intent, these are referred to as long tail keywords.
- Content Gap – Content gap analysis is an effective keyword research strategy that highlights keywords that your competitors rank for that you do not. This can show under optimisations on your website or highlight products and services your competitors offer that you currently do not.
- Blogging – Blogging is an excellent way of generating traffic to your website as well as showing expertise within your niche. Keyword research will help uncover new blog topic ideas.
Thorough keyword research can take a long time, but when done correctly, will pay dividends to your website’s ongoing marketing strategy and should be your first task when launching a new campaign.
Power Up Your SEO With Keywords Everywhere!
If you are a website owner, Keywords Everywhere is a useful tool for uncovering keyword data and exploring information from other sources such as Amazon.
Keywords Everywhere is one of the many tools that we use to source valuable keyword data that is used to optimise client websites and create new, engaging content.
To find out more about how we can support your SEO using strategies such as keyword research, get in touch with us today and arrange a free initial consultation